Wednesday, May 25, 2011

PICTURE-IFIQUE!

Gonna show a step by step look at my lunch yesterday. It's cheesy baked miso tofu wrap. I have slowly and surely fell in love with using the oven. Oil-less days are the best!

1. Whisk 1 tablespoon white miso, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce and mirin together.
2. Slice 1 block of firm tofu and coat in mixture, marinade for 30min or overnight
3. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
4. Spread nuttelex (butter or oil will work fine) on foil and top with marinated tofu.
5. Bake for 20-25 min, flipping once halfway

I used this new wraps I found at Cold Storage, it's thin and not too hard to digest, made with rice.

This is my highly raved about WeightWatchers slice cheese. It is not too heavy on the fat, so makes it easy to digest as well and does not cause bloating like most cheese does for me. Daddy buys it from London.

6. Assemble! One wrap, 2 slices of WeightWatchers cheese, and the baked tofu.

7. Place it over a grill pan or in an oven to just warm up the wrap, couple of minutes.

And wala! The cheese melts and integrates with the taste of the marinated miso. I like this taste!

c

For snack time at 5pm, I had a Pink Lady's red apple while I caught television and relaxed after a tedious day of finalizing assignments.

Dinner was a total question mark. I didn't know what I wanted to eat and the fridge was stocked with so much food that Mummy had bought from the market that morning. I usually stare at the fridge for 10 minutes or so before arriving at some decision. I had a 'I don't know what to eat' bowl of food, haha. Blanched some Japanese greens and laid them at the bottom, toasted 3 vegetarian 'meat'balls and placed them on top of the greens, sauteed shitake mushrooms in oyster sauce, sugar and white pepper and poured them over. Sprinkled some white sesame and dinner was served.

For supper I had no appetite but I ate anyway while watching one of my favorite comedy, Will and Grace on DVD. I had Baby pear yogurt with 1 banana and oat bran cereal.

I'll be in school today, haven't decided on lunch yet but am going to pack steamed Japanese sweet potatoes with nuttelex for dinner later on. Not heading to Cedele today because I've a presentation at night, just gonna hang around school and appreciate the last few days.

With love, God bless.

No comments: