Monday, June 20, 2011

Does this look like breakfast to you? Well it was lunch today. Let me break down this mess.

1 nectarine, chopped
1 banana, chopped
2-3 tablespoons of Barbara's multi-grain puffins cereal
1-2 tablespoons of Yogi strawberry granola
A gentle splash of Magnolia oat milk
1 tablespoon of JIF's creamy PB

The weird things I do! I was just really craving milk and cereal but I knew having the second breakfast was not exactly the best way to provide nutrients, hence the fruits and PB for added fiber. It was delicious anyway.

In the afternoon, I headed to the gym and did my first actual workout ever since I've started university. I feel and felt great. I did what I could and did not over-estimate myself. I can't run on the treadmill and I'm okay with that. The last time I did I got so giddy that I fell. So today, I did 40 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the stationery bicycle.

I came home and snacked on 5 baked unsalted almonds. Then I watched some tele and proceeded to prepare an early dinner. I'm just trying to finish up the vegetables that are sitting in the fridge. Thus, the stir fry leek with black fungus. Leek has been one of my maternal grandfather's standard dish, he uses only two flavorings- secret, but the taste is so wonderful. I added a dash of white pepper and a splash of ginger juice to mine. Not forgetting 4 toasted Vegetarian meatballs.

Right now, I'm having my bedtime snack and I'm in two minds about it... but I continue the munching anyway. It's not exactly wise to crawl in bed after having a toffee waffle, especially after a day in the gym. I'm just enjoying it since half of it is already in my tummy and Daddy bought it specially for me from London. Toffee over caramel, any day! I'm not a fan of caramel. Maple, yes. Honey, yes. Toffee, yes. Caramel, no. Oh, and a Pink Lady red apple for fiber :)

My aim is to have a similar gym routine 2-3 times a week. Lets hope I'll keep to it!

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: