Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I've FINALLY bought and opened the almost too famous Kashi cereal. This is the Go Lean range. I love how the twigs and sticks and bubbly looking cereal forms a perfect combination. Let me say it again, I love varying textures in my food :D But I felt they were too small and I added in about 2 tablespoons of Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Topped it with Paul's natural yogurt and a drizzle of agave syrup. Yum! Now that's what I call a healthy breakfast.

I went to visit Evie-jie at the hospital because she has given birth to my ever so precious God-nephew, Aden Goh! Spent about 5 hours there with her. I went down to Delifrance for lunch and old habits die hard. That is all I can say about my choice of lunch. Croissant with tuna mayo. I eat their croissant with everything! And, I love them all. But one serving is close to 600 calories. For the non-active me today, not a very good thing.

I got back at 5pm after taking an hour long bus ride home. I slept the whole way through and woke up, thankfully, 10 stops before my place. I got home and watched tele, then got down to making dinner which I was hesitant on. I'm glad I ate. Made Mushroom walnut oat soup and had it with a side of 3 tablespoons of Quaker Oatmeal Squares. I've just been on such a cereal craze now. But all of the cereals I have at home are whole-grain and healthy. So, as long as I keep within the portion sizes, I don't see a reason why I should stop eating or craving for them.

After dinner, I got kind of mad because no one in the family liked my Mushroom walnut oat soup when I thought it was kinda awesome. Usually when I try new stuff I'd cook them in single portions but because this soup was made for greatness, I made more. Only Daddy drank up his whole bowl, and I'm not sure if it is because he liked it or that he was being supportive. The remaining soup, got thrown away by me, painfully. I put a lot of effort into making it.... Sigh. I shall not look at the three who despised my food, but the one who appreciated it. That's why I love my Daddy, the most.

With the angst I felt and the tinge of guilt over lunch, I headed out for a 20 minute stroll. Stopped by the playground and since no one was around, I ran up and down, playing on the slides and what not. Had great fun with myself and the music that was playing on my mp3- You hold me now by Hillsong United.


After all that, I feel a lot better now. And I'm going to enjoy a bed-time snack tonight :)

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: