Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm NOT kidding you when I say that all I had today was breakfast!

Indeed that is the truth. All I had was breakfast and at the same time, I did not have breakfast at all. Let me explain my predicament.

Yesterday there was a m-m-m-major cake overeat (madeleines, fruit cake, oreos, toffee waffles, apple pie). I was kinda pissed off after dinner because of Mummy's very terrible eating habits. I just want the best for her, but apparently she does not want the same. So I basically got mad and walloped every cake (my comfort food) in sight. I had VERY bad gastric that night and it is my resolution for the next 6 months of the year, to never overeat, ever again!

Intentionally snoozed so I wouldn't have to wake up feeling miserable and breakfast-less. My first meal was lunch at 12pm which was, well, "breakfast". I made chopped apple in toffee sauce and had it with Kashi Go Lean cereal atop Paul's all natural yogurt. Toffee apples are delish! Adapted from Annabel Karmel's Fussy eaters cook book which I slightly tweaked.

Ingredients: 1 medium apple, 2 teaspoons butter (I used nuttelex), 20g caster sugar(I used dark muscovado sugar), 2 tablespoons double cream, 2 drops vanilla extract, pinch of sea salt

1. Peel, core, chop apple into chunks (I left the skin on for fiber)
2. Melt butter and sugar until it turns caramel-ish
3. Stir in apples and cream, simmer 3-4 minutes
4. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and salt

The toffee sauce is to die for! Yum! On it goes onto the yogurt.


After lunch, I was feeling pretty giddy. Could be the 17 hour "fast". But I went to the gym anyway. Did 40 minutes on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the stationery bike. Went to Cold storage, bought Pink Lady apples and went home.

The late afternoon sun was warm and inviting today. I sat in the living room with a UK Homes & Gardens magazine in hand and snacked on 2 dried figs.

After-which I watched some tele and realized it was 6pm=dinner time. I was not feeling the least hungry, kinda bloated and rather sad that I hadn't a clue what to cook. So, breakfast it was! The typical American man's dinner; breakfast.

Dinner's cereal mix was a little different. Kashi Go Lean cereal, Quaker oatmeal squares, Paul's all natural yogurt, maple syrup and wheat germ. On the side, one Dole banana smeared with raw coconut butter. I love this butter, PB, almond butter, cashew butter, now this addition. Wheee!


As I sit here and type now, I'm still pretty full from dinner. It does bother me very slightly that I had not eaten a single vegetable today. I wish I had some vegetable juice in the fridge right now. But I had my two servings of fruit and healthy whole-grain. I may be having a night snack, then again maybe not.

Overeating just throws me off my senses, makes me sick to the bone and I don't know why I do it over and over again. It isn't merely overeating, it is binge-eating. I wonder if I should go and see my doctor about this. It really bothers me. Lets see how I control myself in the next month and we'll decide upon doctor's visit then.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: