Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yesterday's dinner. 2 slices of Ener-G tapioca bread (wheat-free, gluten-free and dairy-free), one topped with nuttelex, the other with cashew butter, spinach and black olives. You know I love the combination.

For mid-day snack, I had this interesting drink I got from the basement of Takashimaya. It's Yam flavored Black Soybean powder. I love any yam. It was surprisingly nice and since it is dairy-free, does not result in any unnecessary bloating.

Today's lunch was this quiche I bought from Cold storage awhile ago. I love quiche, but I dislike eating eggs. Quite contradictory huh. Quiche is generally made up of milk and eggs in a buttery crust. Not the healthiest thing. This Nancy's Florentine (spinach with swiss cheese) quiche has 410 calories out of which 200 odd from fat. Not very healthy but still acceptable. Nonetheless as with all frozen meals, the sodium did not look to inviting. As you can see below, the actual thing was in comparison to the image on the packaging, and it was broken as well. I finished it anyway and it was kind of bland. I doubt I'll purchase it again.

At mid-day I attended a VERY awesome raw blending workshop by LINS' Smoodees. I have learnt a lot of general knowledge as well as that of gastritis. At around 4pm, I was gulping down 'smoodee' after 'smoodee', all made with organic greens and fruit. It was so delicious and healthy! It felt great after, says the bloated me. Obviously when I got back around 6pm, I did not want to have dinner. But I needed to munch, so I reached into my "gold" bar collection and picked out this KIND bar.

KIND bars have been raved about so I picked one up at Thomson Plaza's Fairprice finest the other day. This is Almond Cashew with Flax and Omega-3. It is quite healthy at 150 calories. Not just that, the ingredients are minimal. So I mean the absence of hydrogenated oils etc. Glucose/fructose is not used to give the sticky effect but instead, dates. I think there were only 6 ingredients. How awesome is that? Pretty nice bar. Chewy and crunchy at the same time.

I'm glad I had it in my to have supper. I cannot go to bed without eating an hour or so before. It's a psychological thing really. So as I watched an exciting Channel U Taiwanese idol drama, 美丽加油, I munched on 1/2 cup of Quaker Oatmeal Squares topped with Baby Yoplait yogurt in pear flavor.

Now I'm pretty much exhausted and going to bed.
xoxo. God bless.

No comments: