Thursday, June 2, 2011

Good evening! It really has been quite a day. Ultimate laziness got the better of me :( But the good part is that I had time to make some meals. Lunch was adapted from HEALTHY HOME-MADE FOOD FOR BABIES & TODDLERS by Sara Lewis. It's a wonderful book indeed. Coriander baked chicken. The stew was so delicious I grabbed a slice of Bonjour multi-grain bread and soaked it in. Kinda regret doing that cos' I wasn't very hungry to begin with.

I started preparing lunch at 1040am! Maybe not such a lazy day after all? Chopped carrots, onion and yellow capsicum. Pan-fried the chicken slightly, threw in the chopped stuff, added ground turmeric, ground coriander and wholemeal flour, poured in chicken stock and transferred the awesome smelling dish into the oven to bake for an hour. This recipe is for keeps. I'm going to make it for my family in a larger quantity one day.

Skipped pre-dinner snack as I was... full. Darn that slice of bread! But I decided to go with my mood and have delicious and super satisfying Japanese sweet potato milk soup. Now this is really great! I love milk and Japanese sweet potato, it's a marriage done right of the two. Rightfully the soup ought to be blended to a creamy consistency, but as always, I was in the mood for some chewing. I love varying textures in a meal :)

I was feeling rather bloated since breakfast because I kind of added too much whole milk powder to my cereal and it didn't go down too well I guess. So for my milk soup I used Organic Valley lactose-free low fat milk instead of the regular low-fat version. Now I'm all geared up for supper soon.

I'm probably going to have some dark red cherries for supper. Mummy bought me my old flame- Quaker Oatmeal raisin granola bars. I have been questioning it's credibility of 90 calories being really healthy. I mean I'd rather have a banana with 120 calories that actually has nutritional value. But bloated days and bananas don't go. So... we'll see! It's always exciting when it comes to food, given that I'm in charge... oops!

I'm just going to share the recipe of my milk soup for people who love milk, you will want to live in the soup. The ingredients are used by me and the recipe is created by me, you can always tweak it to your liking :)

Sera's Japanese sweet potato milk soup

2 medium sized Japanese sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon of Nuttelex dairy-free butter
1/2 cup Kallo organic chicken stock
1/2 cup Organic valley lactose-free low-fat milk

1. Melt the butter and sauté the sweet potato briefly
2. Add stock, bring to a boil, and then simmer
3. Once simmering, add milk and let simmer for 20 minutes
4. Blend if you like, taking note not to throw all the sweet potatoes in cos' it'll be too thick

WALA! Simple much? God bless.

No comments: