Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The past few days have been not too good on my tummy. But all's within control. I recently attempted to beat the bloat with enzyme pills. It does work, but not to the extent that I would prefer it too. Nonetheless, I just hate to rely on pills. No spoonful of sugar helps it go down.

Mummy, bro and I sent Daddy to the airport today. My favorite (and only) father is off to London. It has been a ritual for my sis and I to send and pick Daddy from the airport ever since we could remember. It wasn't so apparent during my bro's time, but doing it again just feels so wonderful. We proceeded for lunch at Coffee Club as per requested by me. I gave them options.... when I say options, I mean there aren't any options, oops!

So Coffee Club it was, one of the nicer places to me, especially the one at Terminal 3. I had a new item on their revamped menu, and totally loved it. It's Duck Confit salad with poached pears and dried cranberries, drizzled in Balsamic vinaigrette. What a delightful combination. They used mesclun leaves which wouldn't be my pick but it did go well altogether.


After which I spent an afternoon out at a wake of a dear friend's grandmother. By the time I got back it was 530pm and I was starving. I have been feeling rather peckish these few days and I made the best decision I could ever have made. I told my inner binge thoughts to..... SHUT UP. I convinced myself that if I really am feeling hungry, I should go for a more substantial meal rather than light dinner and later begin to crave or worse, binge on insubstantial empty calories and harmful substances.

Ransacked the fridge immediately and decided to come up with an All-In-One bowl. I love doing that. First, I put a box of frozen cooked Vegetarian Spare-ribs into the microwave for 3 minutes. While it was cooking, I got down to stir-frying Kai Lan in Rice Bran Oil with a tablespoon of Ginger Juice which I just bought today (read on for more). Lastly, semi-fried a free-range egg. Filled my Barbie bowl as I liked it and had a wonderful satisfying dinner. Happy me!

Ginger has become my one of my top picks for condiments. I can eat freshly sliced ginger just like that. I reckon the normal earthling will never love it like I do. Ever since I've stopped intake of all spicy foods such as peppers, Tabasco, chili and what not, food definitely got very bland and there's only one phrase to sum it up. 'Bo (no) kick!'. Well that was at least till I started trying to incorporate ginger because of its excellent benefits. Specifically for me....
  • Reduces bloat, gets rid of wind
  • Relieves nausea
It was a miracle natural food. I have never stopped loving it ever since. Coming across Ginger Juice at the organic section of Unity was an ecstatic moment. It was by my favorite ginger brand too, The Ginger People. Their packaging is just so cute. The little ginger man. It can be added to soups, stir-fries, drinks and basically anything! So convenient.


I believe everyone's body functions differently, just like our mind and heart does. We are all unique individuals. Similarly, one man's meal can be another man's poison. What is imperative is that we find what does its best for our body and stick to it. I have come a long way of this actualization journey and every step of the way I've gained something new. This knowledge and wisdom will never leave me, and that is such an endearing fact.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: