Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Breakfast was the usual yogurt mess, choice of fruit was pear today.

Lunch was delish! I made this roasted creamy garlic sauce that I'm going to share here! It is vegan and dairy-free but does not skimp on the creaminess and flavor, how outstanding! I steamed some thickly shredded carrots and used it as "pasta" and toaster-grilled 2 Quorn vegan sausages.

Roasted creamy garlic sauce
(serves 2)

1 garlic head, peeled
170g silken tofu
2 tablespoon olive oil/ EVOO
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper, if preferred

1. Wrap peeled garlic loosely in foil and bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
2. When done, blend together with remaining ingredients till smooth and creamy.
*This should store in the fridge for a couple of days.
Remaining sauce was used for bro's lunch. Some blanched snow peas sprinkled with black pepper and sea-salt and macaroni in the creamy sauce. He hates silken tofu but thoroughly wiped out this dish, he loved it and asked me to share it with him when I make it next time. I promised.
This was my miserable but still yummy dinner. The men came to fix up the new refrigerator and hence the kitchen was kinda all messed up with blocks of obstacles everywhere. I can never cook when I am not at peace, it is true. So I just grabbed whatever was sitting around. 3 pretzel rods and 1 pink lady red apple with 2 tablespoons of PB. Was not extremely hungry to begin with.
While watching television I snacked on this all-natural fruit strip in Strawberry flavor (45cal, 0fat).
This is my supper, a Taste of Nature Brazil nuts bar. A little more filling at 200cal but it is fine. Brazil nuts are very good for us. Some may not live the taste of it, but I love it! My favorite nuts are (in order) walnuts, almonds, pecans and Brazil nuts. I hate peanuts and macadamia. Although I love the Chinese peanut-sugar combination and the good ol' PB.
Gonn' have a glee-ful night and stock up on some bread tomorrow. I have been craving bread but am not consuming "normal" bread such as Gardenia, etc anymore. Trying to find gluten/ yeast-free substitutes, as per recommended by Body Inc. I still need that acid cleanse. But RA has not been doing good for my joints. So I've not been walking about much due to the pain. Oh well. Another day will come, another hope for something better.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: