Thursday, July 21, 2011

The sun was too unforgiving today. Walking from Wheelock to Tanglin mall was major skin damage.

For breakkie, I finished up the last bit of my Kashi GoLean cereal with Farmer's union natural yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and carob powder. Weird combination, I know, was not egg-citing at all.

Lunch was once again raw carob avocado pudding with 1 toasted Van's gluten and wheat-free waffle topped with nuttelex. Here's the recipe for the pudding.

Raw carob avocado pudding
(serves 1)

1/2 medium avocado
1 tablespoon carob powder (or cocoa)
2 tablespoon raw almond butter
1/2 cup water
A drizzle of dark agave syrup
1 teaspoon chia seeds

Combine all in a food processor, blend and it's ready to eat!
After lunch I went to Tanglin mall to buy groceries. Sometimes I buy groceries because I need to, sometimes I just want to relieve stress. It makes me happy. I spent about $150 today at Brown rice paradise and Tanglin market place. Here are my buys.
Falafel mix (always wanted to try these!), Almond meal, Justin's honey almond butter, B.R.A.T Vanilla drink (to be explained), Kashi Island vanilla shredded wheat, 2 packets of raisins- pineapple and orange infused, 2 gnu bars- lemon ginger and peanut butter, 1 mojo peanut butter pretzel bar, Criso 0 calorie butter-flavored spray, Sweet paprika, Mild curry powder, Black olives, Jammy sammy grape jelly peanut butter snack-wich and uncaptured Ener-G tapioca hot dog buns as well as organic orange flesh sweet potato.

B.R.A.T is a diet for upset stomach, mainly gastritis. It stands for Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. Usually this is the "diet" to stick to for the initial recovery stages. I agree that it helps but to stick to it is kinda tough, and I'm half-Chinese after all... so I believe in ginger, sweet potato, etc. This drink that I interestingly saw is a make up of the flavors for B.R.A.T diet, believing to aid in nausea.

After I got home at 4-ish, I felt snack-ish so reached for this organic Jammy Sammy! One bite and I was catapulted to heaven. It taste like a wholemeal sandwich with Goober's PB and grape, just x100000 healthier and not overbearingly sweet. This is a keepers although a tad bit tiny. A good 110 calories with only 30 from fat.
Dinner shot was so bad I'm almost embarrassed to post it up but I did anyway. I wasn't feeling hungry so though of having something light. But it ended up heavy!!! This HUGE seafood bean curd roll I bought from Giant the other day is... H.U.G.E! Steamed it for 4 minutes. Had it with stir fry enoki mushrooms in ginger, spring onion and sesame oil. What is your favorite Chinese seasoning? I love the above as well as oyster sauce! :)
Don't know if I have it in me for a night snack. The roll was seriously so big! I'm just gonna have it on its own next time.

By the way, I read that people who religiously ate yogurt and peanut butter are healthier and do not have overwhelming cravings. I agree. It is creamy and satisfying. I am a living testimony. Been eating yogurt and nut butters very often the past week and have not binged or felt like doing so. So satisfy your body and start stocking them up today! But remember to read the nutritional information for hidden sugars and serving size.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: