Sunday, July 10, 2011

Breakfast@740am was a layered bowl! Don't let the surface deceive you, it is double of it!

Paul's all natural yogurt, 1 banana, Sweet home farm French vanilla granola and a drizzle of Silk Vanilla Almond milk. It was very filling! Good for a Sunday morning, if not my stomach will start grumbling at 12 noon.
After breakfast I realized I had some time on my hands, so I baked cake balls for Mummy and bro's breakfast. Plain and cinnamon sugar coated. All in a morning's work :) I am such a morning person.
Lunch was at 1232pm, in the car. I went with Mummy to send bro for golf and she dropped me off because I had to collect the Carob powder I had ordered from Four seasons organic supermarket.

A Strawberry yogurt oat bar from an Australian source. It was so yummy. I've tried the banana flavored non-coated one before, but this is much more sweet satisfying! It is way dense, definitely no snack bar. Probably a meal replacement since it holds 400++ calories.
Mid-day was spent at Four seasons. Okay, really... how can I enter in and just grab my order and return home. I had to wonder around, and I did. For more than 30 minutes in fact. I just love going on these little "adventures". On the shelves, I spotted this Strawberry powder. It's a non-invasive process of drying strawberries to derive this powder which can be added to anything. From cereals, to shakes or even just eat it as it is. I didn't want to spend the money as it is rather costly, and my pantry is kinda gonna explode. So I'll probably get this on my next trip there when I'm running low on supplies.
Reached home at 5pm, see how I really waste my day away. Actually, I stopped by Cold Storage at Nex to stock up on some stuff. Greek yogurt, hummus and avocados. I've noticed that although I do love Chinese food very much, I'm quite the Westerner too don't you think? Well, an East meets West healthy lifestyle is definitely interesting.

Dinner was at 605pm. I don't know why I clog times, actually I just have a habit of constantly looking at my watch. Mummy says I have an obsession about time. Who really cares? :)

An adapted recipe from Christine France low-fat cook book, 2 baked Chinese garlic mushrooms. It truly showed the marriage of flavors done right. Can you believe these two large stuffed mushrooms are only 131 calories? I didn't count it, the book did! I'll post a little of how it's done below. On the side a boiled purple flesh sweet potato. Have you eaten a purple flesh sweet potato? The color is so intense! I love eating weird colored food. Sometimes, I wish my eggs were blue. Flavor wise, it's a cross between the normal orange sweet potato and the Japanese yellow flesh sweet potato, with the taste being akin to the former and the creaminess akin to the latter.
Chinese Garlic Mushrooms
4-5 large mushrooms (portobello works best)
Palm-sized Firm tofu, cubed (I used black tau kwa)*
Half of a canned sweet corn, drained
1 garlic clove, chopped
2-3 spring onions
1 TBS oyster sauce (Soy sauce should work fine)
White pepper, to taste
Sesame oil, for brushing

1. Preheat the oven at 18o.
2. Place mushrooms on baking sheet.
3. Combine garlic, tofu, corn, spring onion.
4. Season with oyster sauce and pepper.
5. Brush edges with sesame oil.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
*Marinate your tofu before hand. I didn't because black tau kwa lends a sweet flavor by itself.

Supper is Greek yogurt, 1 banana and Mrs. Mays Strawberry almond that I bought yesterday. Man, I am stuffed with supper. But tomorrow is going to come, and it is going to be a beautiful week. Not to mention my last week before school re-opens.
xoxo. God bless.

No comments: