Saturday, July 30, 2011

Couldn't get my camera to function properly for Breakkie pics :( I tried something new, Carrot oatmeal! It kind of disappointed me a little 'cos it was a one texture kinda thing, and the grated carrot loses its sweetness somehow. The usual suspects were in there, almond breeze vanilla, white chocolate dream PB and cinnamon. Raisins might have been a good addition.

Lunch was another to-go item. My GREEN MONSTER. Ran out of bananas so made do with Dole pineapple. The mix was 1 scoop of spirutein vanilla, 1 cup of almond breeze vanilla, 1 cup of spinach leaves and 1 cup of chopped pineapple. It was okay... just merely average. Although I know the dense banana will win the fight any day, I'm still willing to try out other mixtures.
This below was not my dinner! I made it for my brother and Mummy. My first Indian dish! Healthier of course and just wonderful. Tried it and I loved it, will consider making it for myself next time. Adapted the recipe off http://weelicious.com/2011/05/15/indian-vegetable-rice/. I'll share it here too, hopefully that does not breach some kind of confidentiality of any sorts. But ingredients and amounts stated here is those that I used, not from the recipe.
Indian vegetable curry fried rice
(serves 2-3)

1/2 cup Long grain Thai Jasmine rice, uncooked
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 carrot, chopped
1 small potato, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder (I used Sharwoods mild curry powder)
1 cup water
1/4 cup frozen peas

1. Heat olive oil and saute onions for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add garlic and continue for 1 minutes.
3. Add carrot, potato, rice, salt and curry powder. Stir to mix evenly.
4. Add in 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
5. Add in peas and stir the rice to mix it......
AND YOU'RE DONE!

I had stir fry kai lan with bean sprouts and 6 boiled celery shitake dumplings that got torn apart while boiling so dinner looked kinda messed up, hence no photo was taken. Had a packet of plain Meiji crackers and 1 dried pitted prune for night snack.

Looking forward to sharing more yummy recipes in the coming week.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: