Friday, July 29, 2011

Proof to support my statement that I finished that overflowing bowl of oatmeal. So comforting and warming. I had be up since 430am today, down with the runs. I suspect the very high dose of fiber I had yesterday could be it. Had 5 whole wheat organic digestives before bedtime. I kid you not when I say my body system is weak. Feeling a little better now though.

The oatmeal concoction consisted of...
  • Quaker quick oats, 1/3 cup
  • Water, 3/4 cup
  • Almond breeze Vanilla, 1/2 cup
  • 1 Dole banana, sliced
  • JIF PB, 1-1/2 tablespoon
  • shakes of cinnamon
I added a little more water cos' I wasn't sure how well my exhausted stomach would take it. It went down fine, given that I was starving since 5-ish but had no strength to get off the bed. Do you love breakfast as much as I do? It fuels you up for the entire day. Have a good one and you'll see why.

When I'm sick I try to find therapeutic things to do. LV was barking at the birds so I refused to associate with him for the morning. Got down to baking as my sister just finished one module yesterday and I wanted to surprise her with these chocolate muffins. The recipe is adapted from Jeanette Aw on the episode she appeared and baked for the show '当公主遇上王子'. They turned out really well. My sister ate 2 and brought the rest for her colleagues. I'm going to share the recipe here. It isn't any "healthy" recipe though.

Chocolate muffins by Jeanette Aw

2 eggs
1 cup of sugar (I used 1/2 cup caster cane sugar, 1/3 cup vanilla sugar)
1 cup flour (all-purpose I presumed)
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2/3 cup milk (I used whole milk for a more 'chocolate-y' taste)
2/3 cup butter (100gm)

1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
2. Put all the ingredients together and whisk to mix.
3. Scoop into muffin holders/ pan.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.

It is the easiest muffin I've ever attempted. Had some remaining batter so I tested it on my new Teddy pan Mummy bought for me awhile ago. Aren't they just adorable!
By the time these were done it was lunch time. I was a little bit hungry and I wanted to eat rice (B.R.A.T diet for sick days), however my brown rice couldn't possibly get cooked in 10 minutes. So I just steamed a giant bean curd seafood roll. Had it with a diluted soup of Kallo's organic low-salt vegetable stock, with a touch of sesame oil.
The queasiness was just on and off, thank goodness at least the toilet bowl did not beckon me! I decided to calm my slightly hungry tummy at 5pm with a banana, raw coconut butter and cinnamon.
Dinner was pretty simple. Baked sweet potato with a side of hummus. I didn't flavor the sweet potato much today for obvious reasons, just sprinkled sea salt and sprayed Crisco 0 calorie butter-flavored spray. I ate this with my hands like you'd do with tortilla chips and salsa. Added on 2 pretzel rods later on as I needed some crunch.
No supper tonight, I'm stuffed. I really want to have my green monster tomorrow. Off BodyInc's mircal pills today too. Hope everything will go back to normal tomorrow.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: