Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I am not going to post exactly what I ate today cos' it was kinda crappy, but I had a few inspired inventions and that is what I'm going to share about. Point to note, the liquid fast didn't last past lunch.

For breakfast I tried to "detoxify" myself and had a warm manuka honey lemon water. It didn't really work, 'cos by lunch the bloat was still prominently there. I went ahead with lunch anyway.
Got down to business! :) I made a raw carob chocolate pudding. Carob is a substitute to chocolate, almost similar in flavor, caffeine free, sugar free and most importantly, it isn't chocolate! It is also a tad bit sweeter I believe. Blended those guys together and it was just a magical concoction.

CLEARLY I lacked discipline, before I could finish my raw lunch, I grabbed a CLIF banana nut bread bar which I regretted deeply. It was extremely tasty though. Just that, the pudding would have been enjoyed better on its own. Nuff' said.
After lunch I was constantly thinking of how to finish the cashew butter which was left with about two tablespoons. I made a granola bar! It is so good I tell you. I am definitely sharing this recipe, if I remember it correctly that is.
Home-made health bars

4-5 dates, chopped
2 tablespoons nut butter (cashew, almond, peanut, soynut etc)
1 tablespoon sweetener (maple syrup, agave, raw honey etc)
4 tablespoon cereal of choice (healthier the better)
Oil, in case it gets too thick

1. Mash the dates and nut butter together to form a paste
2. Add sweetener and mix well
3. Toss in cereal and coat evenly
4. If too stick/thick, add a drop of oil
5. Put into a mold and refrigerate for 15 minutes
6. Remove and slice into 2 bars, or as preferred
7. Enjoy immediately or keep for later

:)

Just got back from chilling at Laselle's 15 minutes cafe and Starbucks at Wilkie edge.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: