Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"When I peel the top off a jar of new peanut butter I like to pretend I'm a scientist peering through the world's most powerful telescope, catching the earth's first glimpse of a new, strange and distant planet. 'It's got a smooth surface,' I exclaim to the lab of giddy professors standing breathlessly beside me. 'Yes, it's a beautiful airless landscape, untouched, undisturbed, and brown.'"
-Neil Pasricha.

Complete nut butter overload today. But hey, who's complaining?

Breakkie@740am. Oatmeal in a jar! Recipe below :) One word: DELICIOUS!

Sera's oatmeal in a PB jar

An almost finished PB jar
1/2 cup Quaker quick oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Silk vanilla almond milk
Cinnamon sugar, sprinkled freely
1 banana, sliced

1. Place oats and water in a pot and boil for 2 minutes
2. Add in almond milk and stir to combine
3. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar
4. Place 1/2 the banana at the bottom of jar
5. Fill jar with oatmeal
6. Top with remaining banana slices and sprinkle more cinnamon sugar


After breakfast digested, I went for a morning cycle. I see this becoming an addictive routine. There is something that draws me about the morning breeze. I donned with favorite cap today. Pestered my parents to get it for me at Universal Studios, Los Angeles when I was in Primary school. And of course, you don't see my make-up-less face.
Lunch@12pm was just a clear up the fridge kinda thing going on.

Sweet corn, Kidney beans, Black olives, Hummus and 1/2 Avocado.
[insert silly melting in the afternoon sun photo here]
This obviously was not my dinner, but some pictures of what I cooked for Mummy and bro. Lemon butter fish and Baked crispy fried rice in capsicum. The Pollock was not a firm fish, so it disintegrated during the pan-frying process. Oh well.
Now THIS was my dinner @ 610pm. My whole family left at 5pm and there was not much to cook that didn't require it to be made in larger amounts. I had a dump everything into one plate kinda bowl.

Blanched sweet beans, 1 red apple with cinnamon sugar (I have been craving this sugar), 1 home-made granola bar which I made yesterday.
Supper at 1012pm. I'm full but I wonder why I'm still munching. I guess it is the idea I'm up till 1230pm tonight catching GLEE 2 on Channel 5.

1 Kashi pumpkin pecan fruit& grain bar (120cal) and 1 banana smeared with a heaping teaspoon of raw almond butter. SO FULL RIGHT NOW.
xoxo. God bless.

No comments: