Monday, August 29, 2011

Breakfast was pumpkin oatmeal with vegan carob chips. So sweet and smooth. I used organic baby food-squash in a jar, 2 tablespoon of Sunspire's vegan carob chips, 1/3 cup Quaker quick oats, 1/2 cup almond breeze vanilla, 1/3 cup water, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon maple syrup to drizzle.

Because I enjoy sweet breakfasts, I make sure of it that I add cinnamon into everything. It helps to keep the blood sugar levels stable without allowing to it get too excited from the sweetness which leads to induced cravings. Yes, sugar ain't no friend of mine.... 'frenemy'. Keep your friends close, enemies closer and frenemies closest!
Lunch at... CEDELE! Oh how I simply love Cedele. It has never once disappointed me. I had a Thai rice salad which I would rate a 10/10! Every time I try something new there, it just surprises me time and time again. I never have to worry 'bout not liking it. The salad was infused with lemon grass, chopped red chili skin and dried shrimp. The flavor is to die for! It was so good that I took away another bowl for Mummy to have for dinner. She loved it too. It makes "normal" people wonder, when did healthy wholesome food ever taste so good? No trans fat in everything mind you! On the side I had a grilled red pepper and tomato soup. The weather was doing me in with it's unforgiving miserable chilly feeling, hadn't the intention to have soup, but it was good. Had it before, dairy-free and meat-free.
Sent a whatsapp message of a picture of my dinner to my sister. Her reaction? "Ew! What's that!" Haha! I always do that to people. The food I eat looks questionable but tastes delicious. Mummy tried it and agreed. It's a super thick Green Monster. Here's the recipe for it 'cos it's so good. But I reckon the thinner version I made last week to be much better. This is unless you're real hungry!

The thick Green Monster
dairy-free
serves one

150-200g plain baked Japanese sweet potato
1 overwhelming cup of spinach
1 cup of Almond Breeze vanilla milk (+ 2-3 tablespoon)
1 scoop Spirutein vanilla protein powder
Generous shakes of ground cinnamon

1. Stab the sweet potato, coat in Crisco 0 calories butter-flavored spray and bake for 30-45minutes (depending on size).
2. Chop baked sweet potato into chunks, let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato with all other ingredients into blender.
4. Blend and stop to stir (it's REALLY thick!)
5. If it is too thick, add gradually 2-3 tablespoon more of milk

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: