Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Breakkie! I love how my body automatically wakes up at 7am everyday and even if I try to sneak in a little more shut-eye, it never exceeds 8am. Breakfast bowl was Yoplait natural yogurt infused with blueberries, banana and cinnamon topped with or should I say surrounded with Post Quaker oatmeal squares. Nothing beats these squares, a little high on the sugar side but packed with fiber.

Do you remember Dr. Seuss's green eggs and ham? Well I did my own version for lunch as I had to finish up the last 2 free-range eggs by today. Once again let me stress, I love weird colored food! But half of the time they are artificially colored and those dyes are harmful to our health, especially our respiratory tract (asthma sufferers steer clear)!

This is my recipe of Dr. Seuss "green eggs and ham". Omitted the ham though because I was lazy to defrost my vegetarian ham. Ingredients are those I used, feel free to change them.

2 free-range eggs
1/2 cup spinach, chopped
Spritz of Crisco 0 calorie butter-flavored spray
1 tablespoon Paul's skim milk
1 slice of WeightWatchers cheese, chopped

1. Spritz a pan, heat and add spinach to wilt for a minute.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs with milk.
3. Add egg mixture to pan, allow to set a little before scrambling.
4. Stir in cheese (and ham if using).
5. Remove from heat and add black pepper, sea salt if you wish.
This isn't dairy-free. I'm trying my best to eat minimal dairy but I do not completely deprive myself of it as I'm trying to discipline my body to listen to me when I say I know what I'm doing, not the other way round. A little goes a long way as they say.

At 1pm I went to school for a group meeting which zapped so much of my brain energy I had a headache. I'm not a bimbo, I just don't fancy using my brain. We ended around 330pm and since I felt there was time, I headed to B-I-Y store, a well-stocked bake-ware shop in Bukit Timah that carries a lot of U.S products, including a cookie scoop which I've been searching for. I got it as well as these really cute muffin holders. You'll see when I make muffins next week. Yup! I've already planned to. Call me some control freak-a-zoid, whatever :)
On the way home at 445pm I snacked on this mini Larabar in cherry pie that I packed to go in case I was hungry, well I did eventually get hungry. It was so naturally sweet and delicious! I believe I've mentioned Larabars are my favorite of all. Raw (non-baked), vegan, dairy/gluten/soy-free. So good! This mini bar has 90 calories and 3 ingredients. YES, THREE! Dates, almonds and unsweetened cherries. Quaker what? Larabars are holy...sh'molly!
While preparing dinner in my Philips Avent steamer blender, I snacked on this Okinawa black sugar cube. Sugar cravings! Men, will you EVER understand?
Dinner was steamed and pureed Japanese sweet potatoes with a side of Nuttelex. Added 2 more black sugar cubes to this. Look at how smooth the puree is! Definitely not used to this texture yet for sweet potatoes. I miss my sweet potato milk soup... still trying to find a dairy-free substitute of "milk" that will compliment my favorite creamy soup.
Glee's on tonight. I'm feeling so full and I don't know why. Could it have been the dairy today?

Note to self: Panic not. Pray. Tomorrow will be a new day.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: