Friday, August 26, 2011

A green adventure... that didn't end too well :(
GREAT breakfast. Green Monster base of 1 cup spinach, 1/2 scoop Spirutein vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup Almond breeze vanilla milk and cinnamon. Topped with Sweet Home Farm's French vanilla granola.
GREAT lunch. A salad of 1 cup chopped spinach, grilled black tau kwa in super soy dressing of honey soy nut butter and nayonnaise mixed together. Topped with kaia foods teriyaki sunflower seeds. Lip smacking goodness. Proteinlicious.

Then came dinner. Jaw pain, ulcers, no appetite = something smooth and rewarding = snow skin mooncake! This is the one I bought yesterday at Four seasons organic supermarket. Filled with pure lotus paste.
I was majorly disappointed, the only thing I liked about it was that it wasn't overwhelming sweet. Yes, I do finish large mooncakes by myself. Always been this way. On the negative side, it was dry, the snow skin lacked flavor completely, so not snowy... The flavors did not integrate together as I wished. However this is a vegetarian mooncake so there may be some things eliminated from it. But vegetarian/ vegan stuff has always tasted good or even better to me. So I can't condone this.
Added a slice of green to my dinner plate and that was when the trouble started. One soft smooth heartwarming kaya bun was all it took. I loved this bun growing up. It is light green, fluffy and soft, filled with thick creamy pandan kaya, comes in a pack of 6. During my secondary school days, I used to finish the whole pack as an afternoon snack, at that time, my weight fluctuated between a minimum of 46kg to a maximum of 49kg. Now I have been staggering at 40kg.

After the kaya bun, that was it! I ate 2 more, or was it 3? I had a teeny weeny bowl of grandma's vegetarian curry made with potatoes and mock meat, and topped it with organic cheese and chive flavored oat biscuits. I think I might have had a pack of digestives after.... yea, I think I did! The atrocity! Repulsive behavior. I think I just might be suffering from an eating disorder. There! I admitted it! I'm just going to pray and let this get by me. Read blogs for tell tale signs which I passed with flying colors (very. bad.) Some even struggle for years and despite pregnancies and marriage, continue to fight it everyday. It does scare me but I know I have a God who is above every circumstance. I just need Him to help me.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: