Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Today is National day. Today is carbo day! I haven't eaten so much carbohydrates in a day since secondary school. I've never been a rice person, very noodle-y. That is something I'm trying to change because noodles although a source of carbo too, isn't as pure and "holy" as rice.

Every meal today was delicious and fab. Pictures shall speak. Breakkie was Blueberry banana dream. Oats cooked in Oatly (non-dairy oat milk) with a banana, blueberries, cinnamon and a heaping tablespoon of white chocolate dream PB. Where is the blueberries you may ask? Well, take a closer look :)
After breakfast I perched myself onto the garden swing and enjoyed the breeze while I started reading my newly bought book, The Japan Diet. It isn't a "diet" book, rather, one that explores into why the Japanese are considered the most healthy individuals of the world's population. Spent an hour on it today and I have to say, it is definitely worth the buy, although I'm not into the full gist of it yet, I see a lot of potential in it being transformational.
Lunch was an attempted recipe off this website I cannot seem to recall. Noted it down in my recipe book quite some time ago when I came across it. Technically I just got the idea from the webby, but created a whole flavor for myself. It's called Single-lady muffin. I had it with a green apple coated in Justin's honey almond butter. Green apples and almond butter are a another match-made in heaven like spinach and PB.

Ever felt like baking muffins to eat but worried you'll waste the rest of the batch if it isn't to the liking of your family members and friends? Well.... worry no more! This is such a fool-proof awesome recipe that I think I'll be having a weekly dose of healthy home-made muffins.
It is really moist on the inside which I love. However it is attributed to the fact of the key ingredient I used, zucchini, a vegetable rich in moisture. Recipe for you!

Zucchini carob chip single-lady muffin
serves one

2 tablespoon of grated zucchini
handful of unsweetened carob chips
3 tablespoon of flour (I used whole wheat flour)
super minimal pinch of sea-salt
pinch of cinnamon
1 to 1-1/2 tablespoon of milk (I used Oatly, non-dairy)
1 packet stevia (Or any sweetener of choice)

1. Preheat the oven to 165 degrees.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Place in a muffin mold/cup, grease if it isn't non-stick.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes (I did 15 due to the zucchini's moisture).

Enjoy!
Dinner was Mummy's signature dish. Claypot chicken mushroom rice. I came back a little late, had my reservations about eating this. Could not resist it in the end. I used to demand to eat this every week when I was doing my diploma and sometimes in secondary school. This portion I ate is a huge portion of 2 full bowls. It was well worth it. Had it with a side of newly bought Japanese umeboshi paste and some Korean chestnuts underneath. I didn't take the chicken as of course I'm trying to steer away from unethical chicken derivations which I presume all common markets purchase from. The flavor was not compromised nonetheless with bits and pieces of garlic, ginger, dried shrimp and salted fish bursting with flavor in every spoonful.

Pretty full now, actually very full and thirsty... Must be from all the salt in dinner. Now that the day is done I shall retire and have a good Wednesday tomorrow.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: