Thursday, September 1, 2011

A very comforting lunch after last night's binge episode, which is my last straw because the gastric was so unbearable that going to the hospital was an option but I didn't want to trouble my parents so I just pressed my stomach real hard, grit my teeth and went through the night before I managed to sleep at 4am. It really hit me, I cannot be living like this. I claim to love myself and want to do great things, yet I torture my body in such unforgivable ways.

Breakfast= Nothing.
Lunch= Ener-G tapioca dinner roll with Justin's honey almond butter and cinnamon + Korean morning rice drink.

After lunch I headed to Body Inc for my ion osmosis detox treatment which I've missed for 2 weeks due to being on yeast eradication medicine. Now that I am off it, I am back to Body Inc. My condition went back to square one as expected with all the binges. Really disappointed. All I can say is that no one in my family is willing to help me, and if I do not help myself, things will never get better, I will continue to remain in agony.
Did a little window shopping and tried on this amazing dress which I loved! But it didn't fit to well around the shoulders. In fact, it was kind of loose and I didn't know how it would work. Walked right out of the shop. Now I have been regretting it. I shall go back and get it soon and at the same time wonder how to wear it.

Got 2 books from Kinokuniya. The Okinawa Diet Plan and Jacelyn Tay's Feel good, Look good. I read somewhere that in order to get ahead and stay motivated in health aspects, it is good to find a role model that you look up to so you can seek to emulate after their qualities in health and wellness. Mine obviously has long been identified, Jacelyn Tay. Met her again today at Body Inc. She simply radiates an inside out glow that no amount of make-up can attempt to create. That is where I want to find myself.
Came home for dinner and my stomach was still sore. I needed something warm and super digestible. Made up this wonderful soup. It kind of tastes like our Fish milk soup without the milk, fried fish, salt and MSG.

Definitely going to share this simple low-fat, low-calorie healthy dairy-free soup!
Low-fat cabbage fish soup
dairy-free, no added salt, low-fat, low-calorie
serves one generously

1 baby wong bok, chopped
1 Sakura fishcake, diced (use fresh fish if you want)
1 roma low-acid tomato, diced
1/2 Kallo's organic yeast-free vegetable stock cube
250ml water
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of white pepper
1 teaspoon potato starch with 2 tablespoon water*

1. Add stock cube in water and boil till dissolved and bubbling.
2. Add baby wong bok and fishcake then bring to a simmer for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add ground ginger, white pepper.
4. Add tomato and stir.
5. Mix potato starch with water and add to the pot.

Serve!

*Optional. Provides a slightly thicker consistency.
This is within a 100-170 calorie range.

Every day when I wake up, I am going to pray that it will be a better day. I am not longer going to avoid these binge issues and think they are "acceptable" or considered as a "norm". I have big plans in this life, plans that binge habits should never attempt to get in the way. I was made for His glory.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: