Sunday, September 25, 2011

Aloha! Today was another calorie blasted day. I feel a little icky now in fact, but lets just get on with life.

Breakkie = hungry, yet unplanned. So some stupid silly combination that sucked. They are good individually, NOT together. Fresh black fig with Kashi Island vanilla whole wheat cereal (dry) and cinnamon raisin swirl PB. It was so dry I might have choked. What was wrong with me?
Lunch was the BEST and only good thing of the day. Salad stop! at Novena square with the salad monster aka fellow GossipGirl, Evon. We both develop strong cravings for salads. No, we do not eat "grass" all you haters! I had this aweeeesome wonderful Greek salad wrapped in a warm grill pressed wholemeal wrap. I usually choose roasted pumpkin and feta combi by default but I wanted some Greek today. In it was romaine, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives and chickpeas in balsamic vinaigrette. All the things I love in a wholemeal wrap.
Evon had this 'tuna san' salad. Naked. Haha, meaning without the wrap, in my terms. I'm not quite sure what went in hers, I spied some edamame, mixed greens, seared tuna (NOT canned tuna) and mandarin oranges.... in wasabi soy dressing. She said the dressing hadn't much of a wasabi hint. That could work for, or against you.
An afternoon whatsapp joy. I always receive whatsapp picture from Evie Jie of God nephew Aden hanging around at any time of the day. However I may be feeling, it lifts my mood. For this afternoon from happy to happiest. I had a really great afternoon with Evon. We were just chillin' around my home, suppose to be up to work but well, the internet never fails to absorb our attention without us even being conscious of it.
Look at what Mummy bought for us to snack on?! My goodness. Sometimes I say the things my family does completely defies everything I firmly believe in. I did have 2 pieces though. One was the coffee bread and the other a strawberry pastry tart. I love sweet things, won't deny it, can't deny it. But if you asked me how I felt after eating that... speaking in 100% awareness, I felt I would have been better off with a good raw carob shake. Satisfying AND nourishing.

Worst of all, Mummy gave us a packet of black carrot cake (Chinese style) from Chomp chomp which my aunt had dropped off at our place. While feeling rather happy spending time with Evon, I started poking at it and nibbling my way through. I sure had about half a packet, maybe a spoon less. The grease would have been instant murder, thank God I am alive. I did eat before that actually, had a bowl of Mummy's herbal black chicken soup and so did Evon. A wholemeal sandwich with low-sugar kaya and WeightWatchers cheese.

Look what I've got here! An invitation for a film. I do get these pretty frequent recently, some I reject due to my schooling/ church schedules. Some I try out but get rejected. It's a two way game eh? You get some, you lose some. Sometimes I feel I'm losing more than I get.
In life, things go so easily for some, and for some others it is the opposite. Be distraught, not. If something is meant for you, or in Christian terms, if something is ordained for you, no one except God who ordained it can change it. The path can be altered but the end will always be the same. 'Cos each and every individual was created for a sole purpose, one that he or she may or may not be aware of, yet. So here are some motivational quotes that have inspired me in the race of life. To keep running, and chasing the dream. So long as you know it was what God has in store for you.
"Life's battles don't always go to the strongest or fastest man, but sooner or later the man whowins is the man who thinks he can!"
"The greatest pleasures in life is doing the things people say we cannot do."-Walter Bagehot
"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed."-Booker T. Washington
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.-Roman 8:28
If God is for us, who can ever be against us?-Romans 8:31
Consider it joy, all fellow brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.-James 1:2-4
And you know, I've always been a quote-y kinda girl.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: