Saturday, September 10, 2011

My treasure bowl breakkie! Haha! So healthy and fiber-licious.

Breakkie: Kashi Island Vanilla (whole wheat cereal), raw trail-mix, vegan carob chips and warm Pacific low-fat vanilla oat milk

Say it looks disgusting, whatever. I'm simply lovin' it, badabababa.
Lunch was protein packed! I don't know what I need all that energy for, stored for later use I presume. Been sitting around in my room the entire day. Helping out with some simple household chores but basically, just sitting around.

Lunch: Boiled black tofu and carrot sprinkled with Chinese five-spice powder and topped with honey soy nut butter with a side of organic oat bites in cheese and chives flavor.
Lunch kept me quite full, and ideally that's what protein does for you. More than any other thing, it keeps you full and satiated. Dinner was a test of my patience as the microwave broke down again after I fixed it in the late afternoon. Cooking with an angry heart isn't good. The food'll probably get wrinkles. Anyway I stayed calm, whispered a prayer and just took it easy.

Was supposed to microwave the vegetarian spare ribs for 4 minutes to cook it (instant meal!), but because I couldn't do that, I dry pan-fried it (without oil) for about 10 minutes on low heat in order to fully cook it. I prefer it microwaved, 'cos it is much more moist. I'm a smooth, creamy, chewy food person, less of a crunchy, crispy type. Alongside it was a big pot of soup I made for mummy, broddy and myself. Healthy cabbage soup, no salt added.

Just simply brought to a boil 500ml water, a yeast-free vegetable stock cube, 1/2 onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 carrot and about 1 cup of cabbage. Then simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes and that's all it take. I'm starting to get addicted to cabbage soup, it's so delicious and light. A perfect accompaniment to any dish!
Check out my new desktop wallpaper. Previously it was LV alone. But this time I tried to put together things that I really love. If you talk to me about them, I'd light up.

  • Organic food (I love Whole Foods Market, that's where Daddy shops for me)
  • London
  • LV
  • Oatmeal (in a jar!)
  • My supports and friends (soft toys)
It is important to find out what makes us happy and work towards that. Life can never be a bed of roses. Yet if we choose to consciously make an effort at creating happy moments from little things, we'd be much better off than we think! :)

xoxo. God bless.

Night snack: 3 Monte Carlo Arnott's cookies (a childhood favorite) 312 calories!!!

No comments: