Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today's meals are so ordinary yet special. Lets start off with the late breakfast.

A cup of black soy bean milk in taro flavor and a peanut butter cookie Larabar! I loved them both. A little light? Larabars always have the power to fill you up without filling you out. Sets perfect room for a good lunch.
I cooked a day's worth of genmai which is Japanese short grain brown rice. Added a tablespoon of Japanese sweet rice (glutinous rice) which helps to give it a stickier texture than it already has. Cooked about 1/2 half cup which turned into 1 cup.

Lunch was 1/2 cup genmai fried rice with nasu (Japanese baby brinjal) and edamame in sweet salty garlic flavor. I used 1 minced garlic clove, white pepper, 1 teaspoon Bragg's liquid aminos and 1 teaspoon agave syrup. Very delicious. I toasted the eggplant prior to adding it to the fried rice as if I were to stir-fry it, it'll simply absorb too much oil. Despise oily food.
Headed off to school for the weekly group meeting. I actually got down with this flu in the morning and was feeling really groggy through the day. With everyone blabbering numbers I almost felt I was in some other kind of world, where numbers ruled the kingdom. Thank God we ended slightly earlier than usual and I headed to grandma's to wait for Mummy to pick me.
[insert picture of fatty toes here]
By the time I got home it was 4pm already. Felt kinda hungry and decided to have a snack, a raw one to be exact. It's a trail mix I bought from BodyInc. Absolutely lovin' it. It is pretty filling for a snack and diminished cravings with its natural flavor. A mix of wolfberries, mulberries, and gooseberries. All unique in flavor and forming a perfect combination. Only 90 calories per serving!
Dinner was the other 1/2 cup of genmai rice. Had intended to make a simmered rice dish in miso soup but got kinda lazy. So I just made stir-fry genmai rice with wakame, carrot and dried shitake. Condiments used were 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos, white pepper, 1 teaspoon mirin and 1 teaspoon ginger juice. I'll omit the ginger juice next time, or swap it for fresh ginger. Or maybe ginger and wakame don't go well together.
It has been a good day and I just ended it with a yummy Luna protein bar in cookie dough flavor. In fact, I'm going to be making some vegan cookie dough myself this week, probably on Friday. So watch out for it!
I went to see a nutritionist from BodyInc on Monday. Her name is Bibiana. It is absolutely a shocker how much we had in common. I never knew someone could understand my state of mind with regards to health, the way she does. I would love to share openly about how she has helped me amazingly in just one session. But there are some things involved that are just too personal that I do not feel comfortable laying on the table, yet.

The way we feel has tremendous effect on our eating habits. I used to doubt statements like such and now my doubt gets converted. It varies for any individual and me being me, the perfect reason was found out why I constantly crave, binge on and cannot resist things like bread or cake. After finding out the root of the issue, I can now tackle it. I might have been to hard on myself with "disciplining" measures and myopic vision. With more sessions with her, looking at 6 months programme- twice a month, I hope to slowly become one with what I "preach".

She said this, "don't be too hard on yourself, we all fail. Ultimately, health is a journey. While we may fail, we learn new things every time." I believe it starts of with understanding and then helping myself. Being a catholic, she advised me to rely on prayer as a strong tool too. God makes beautiful things from dust, and He'll make something beautiful out of me :)

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: