Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fueling up


I had breakfast on one of the days with sunlight gleaming in so beautifully like that. It used to be a usual routine, breakfast at 740am. As I age, my sleeping pattern changes. What better than to have a  bowl of deliciously cooked oatmeal accompany nature's beauty? 

Today, I overslept by quite a bit so I woke up to brunch at 11ish in the morning. I had a good dose of food. Zucchini carob chips oatmeal (vegan). I love how zucchini adds bulk to the food allowing it to be more visually filling. Aren't we all such visual creatures? Haha! So here's the recipe I rolled with for this morning.




Zucchini Carob Chip Oatmeal 
Serves 1, Vegan

1/2 cup water
1/3 cup organic rolled oats
1/2 cup Sobe organic soy milk
1 medium zucchini, grated
2 tablespoon vegan carob chips(Sunspire)
1 heaping teaspoon raw maple powder from www.oneluckyduck.com
Generous sprinkle of cinnamon
Topping: raw vegan vanilla crispies from oneluckyduck

1. Boil water with oats till it is absorbed.
2. Add in zucchini and soy milk and boil to achieve desired texture.
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon carbo chips.
4. Add in maple powder and cinnamon.
5. Switch off the flame and stir in 1 tablespoon of carob chips.
6. Transfer to your favorite bowl and add desired toppings!

Oatmeal is always oh so easy, oh so flexible and oh so delicious way to start your way. I'm thinking toffee apple cinnamon oatmeal tomorrow! 

I got busy in the day and didn't manage to have lunch. Wasn't hungry anyway, the oats served me well. For a snack at 5pm, I had seaweed tofu fries from 'I love Taimei'. That place is awesome! So unhealthy but awesome! I once said I detest everything fried, but I do have a taste bud for fried vegetables... like mushroom tempura, sweet potato fries and so on. 

Dinner was a mixture of food. I had zucchini portobello soup with a multi-grain bun from Soup Spoon and more 'I love Taimei' foods- sour plum sweet potato fries, green bean fries. After effect of it, damn! The salt causes such thirst within this body of mine. But it was delicious, truly. I guess I could say it is more of a treat than a staple in my diet. 

Shakespeare's Twelfth Night at Fort Canning Park was sensational. Our local productions are just getting better and better! I have always loved Adrian Pang and his display of whatever character he takes on.... Keagan Kang as well. And there were just too many great actors up on stage to form one wonderful night for my girlfriends and I. 


On the way out in the afternoon



I've got some interesting tips to share in my next blog post, hopefully soon.

Everyday is a journey, every moment a potential lesson. Live, learn.

Think of food as fuel. How does it help you to better function? Is it irrelevant? (Ice-cream, cakes, etc). All it takes is a pause and a think.

xoxo. God bless.

No comments: