Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Post

I have TWO recipes to share! Lovely ones... I'll do one today and another tomorrow. First let me start off by saying it is a lovely Mother's Day and may God bless and grant the earnest desires of all selfless Mothers in this earth. 

It was a wonderful day, totally enjoyed myself. Morning I got up and made breakfast for mummy. I went to church, came home, changed up and headed to AirAsia ASEAN Basketball league finals where we were defeated with such injustice. But I have faith and hope in our Singapore Slingers. They aren't called 'Slingers' for nothing!! After the match I met my aunt, uncle and cousin for Mother's day dinner before going home and having them over for awhile. 



So are you ready for a delightful fluffy recipe? .......


Coconut pancakes!!!!


Coconut Pancakes 
-Serves 2 or 1 GENEROUSLY
-Sugar-free 

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk or coconut milk
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup coconut flour
Large pinch of sea-salt
Butter spray for greasing the pan
Butter + more agave for topping

1. Beat the eggs till frothy, then mix in agave and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, coconut flour and sea-salt.
3. Add mixture 1 to 2 (wet to dry) and whisk till fully incorporated.
4. Heat pan with butter spray at medium-low heat and cook by 1 heaping tablespoon per pancake.

And there you have it. Pancakes are so easy and I'm sure you can be oh so flexible with it. Try it out and substitute different flavors and textures, you might be pleasantly surprised!

I'm enjoying my food life now but too much outdoor indulging which I am left without a choice because it involves entertaining and family stuffs. But all is well! I haven't lost any weight, in fact I might have put on some, but I'm not going to fall into a pit of depression. Just keep going, keep on keeping it up. I'll get there.....

xoxo. God bless.



No comments: